Total Pageviews

Monday, January 2, 2012

Moules on the Grill!

I'm a huge fan of mussels and more specifically moules frites, which are very popular in Belgium and France. Grilling is a hobby of mine and so I had this notion that I wanted to try some mussels on the grill. I've never cooked them before, but wanted to play around and see what I could come up with.


Ingredients: 1/2 Purple Onion chopped, Garlic, Butter and Lemon
 I sauteed the onion with garlic and butter on the grill for about 2 minutes, when the onion soften.

Finally, the mussels were added along with the juice squeezed from the lemon and cooked until the mussels opened. The guy at the seafood department said to cook the mussels for about a minute  more once they open up.

The final verdict, the mussels were good, but I totally overcooked them. The garlic, onion and lemon flavors were a great compliment. When mussels are overcook, they shrink and don't provide much meat. Next time I venture in making mussels, I will steam them and maybe follow a recipe, versus trying it on my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment