Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year, SNarolina Foodie Style!

2012 has begun and today we enjoyed our annual New Years day meal. My wife totally surprised me with some of the best collard greens that I've ever tasted. She used a combination of Canadian bacon, purple onions caramelized in a brown sugar glaze and chicken bullion. I would've paid for them in a restaurant!

Also, our meal included the traditional Black Eyed Peas,

a simple, cherry tomato salad with balsamic vinegar and grated romano cheese.

I was in charge of grilling the pork chops, which I rubbed with sea salt.  I am a huge fan of sea salt and tend to use on all of my grilled meats. It's amazing what such a simple ingredient can do to grilled meat.


Here is the finished product.


Lastly, the Mrs. surprised me by baking a Blackberry Cobbler, using fresh blackberries that we purchased yesterday. We need to have this more often!

One of my goals with SNarolina Foodie this year is to share some meals that we have not only in restaurants, but also at home, especially anyting that I am trying to tackle for the first time.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment