Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

YOUSEFF 242 - What a surprise in Hickory, NC, some of the best Mac N Cheese ever!

Youssef 242 on Urbanspoon

A few months ago, I had to work in Hickory, NC overnight, due to an early AM meeting. There are two things that I know about Hckory, NC. One, my best friend Marc is from there and secondly, furniture. As usual, when staying overnight, especially in a city that is new to me, I usually ask about restaurants that are popular with locals. Generally if two or more people mention the same restaurant, it is usually a good indicator that it must be good.

The biggest recommendation that I got was Youssef 242! Youssef 242 takes pride in its ingredients from salads, to pastas, pizzas, steaks and seafood. Yes, you can get each item at many restaurants, however Chef Thomas Clayton adds his touch to make each item a signature to Youssef 242! Chef Clayton has been featured in Bon Appetit, Wine Spectator (online) and Charleston Magazine and has been a welcomed addition to Youssef 242. In addition to excellent food, they have a fabulous wine selection.

The menu to Youssef 242 is here:

http://youssef242.com/Dinner%20Menu%20A%20la%20carte.pdf

My favorite food in the world is mac in cheese and if its on the menu, I have to order it. I can go down and say that Youssef 242 has one of best mac n cheese recipes that I have ever had! On the menu its called, Mac n Cheese, Loaded! And yes, it is loaded with several types of cheeses and bacon. I've tried several mac n cheese recipes that are loaded with multiple cheeses and have come away disappointed. Here, they got it right!

Youssef 242 is open Monday thru Friday for Lunch and Dinner, and Saturday for Dinner only. If your going furniture shopping in Hickory, NC anytime soon, come for lunch or stay for dinner!

YOUSSEF 242
242 Eleventh Avenue NE
Hickory, NC 28601

828.324.2005

Website: http://youssef242.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment